PRINCIPAL POSITION – INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
School District 22 (Vernon) invites applications for a principal vacancy for International Programs, effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
The Board of Education operates a well established mid-sized International program. In 2017-2018 we anticipate we will serve over 350 students from 20 countries resulting in 200 FTE, including a 6 week summer program. The District also operates a Home Stay program.
This position is responsible for recruiting and monitoring the success of International students and requires extensive travel throughout the year. The Principal – International Programs directly supervises the manager of home stay programs. This principal reports to the Superintendent of Schools.
The anticipated start date is August 1, 2017 or a mutually agreeable date to be determined. The successful applicant will be an experienced, enthusiastic educator with demonstrated leadership qualities.
The successful applicant for this position will have:
- A minimum of five years successful principalship experience
- Dynamic interpersonal skills in working with students, teachers, parents and agents
- An understanding of the importance of relationships as they relate to business success in international recruitment
- Understanding of the legal aspects of international programs including legal documents, custodianship, study permits and medical insurance
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the year with the goal of maintaining a stable FTE and managing diversity in the program
- Demonstrated ability to build a collaborative team that includes support staff, teachers and homestay coordinators
- Continue to develop pathways for student success beyond high school graduation including maintaining regional post secondary relationships
- Ability to develop, or facilitate the development of marketing materials in a variety of mediums such as print, photos, video, internet, posters and student testimonials
- Understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the homestay program
- Support for and teaching of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- An understanding of the BC Ed plan and the ability to articulate benefits and changes with partners around the world
- An understanding of the leadership role in educational change, specifically related to English language instruction for developing learners
- Certification in accordance with the BC Teacher Regulation Branch
A Masters Degree in Educational Administration, Curriculum, or a related field is required as well as successful administrative experience.
Candidates are requested to submit a resumé, including references, supporting documents, and a statement of personal philosophy as it relates to this position. We invite you to visit our website at www.sd22.bc.ca and follow the links to Human Resources, Opportunities and Administration. Only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 2:00 pm
Monday, April 3, 2017
Submit application to: Joe Rogers, Superintendent of Schools
School District No. 22 (Vernon) 1401-15th Street
Vernon, BC V1T 8S8
Principal Positions - Elementary
School District 22 (Vernon) has potential elementary principal vacancies available for the 2017/2018 school year. Applications are invited for this position. The successful applicant will be an experienced, enthusiastic educator with demonstrated leadership qualities.
The successful applicant for this position will have:
- A minimum of ten years successful teaching and administration experience
- A proven ability to work with teachers to improve student learning
- An understanding of the leadership role in educational change
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with students, teachers and parents
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to support the use of differentiated instructional strategies
- Demonstrated ability to promote the use of effective assessment strategies
- Ability to engage teachers in data collection, analysis and dialogue about student learning and instruction
- Knowledge of technological applications in an educational setting
- Ability to model and support continuous inquiry and professional learning for self and others
- A demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team setting
- A demonstrated desire to work with students beyond the classroom setting
- Knowledge and ability to implement Vision 2022 and the BC revised curriculum
- Understanding of the Aboriginal Principles of Learning and proven ability to work effectively with Aboriginal students and families
- Certification in accordance with the Teaching Regulation Branch
A Masters Degree in Ed. Admin., Curriculum, or a related field is required as well as successful administrative experience.
Candidates are requested to submit a resumé, including references, a recent performance appraisal, a completed application form, supporting documents where applicable, and a statement of personal philosophy as it relates to this application. We invite you to visit our website at www.sd22.bc.ca and follow the links to Human Resources, Opportunities and Admin. While we wish to thank all candidates who have applied, please note that only those individuals who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Please include your response to the following statement in your package. "List two specific initiatives or programs that I have developed and led to improve learning in my school."
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 2:00 pm April 17, 2017
Submit application package to: Make A Future website,
1401 - 15 Street
Vernon, B.C. V1T 8S8
Fax: (250) 549-9200