SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 22 (VERNON)
VICE PRINCIPAL POSITIONS - SECONDARY & ELEMENTARY
School District 22 (Vernon) invites applications for elementary vice principal positions beginning August 1, 2017.
The successful applicant will be an experienced, enthusiastic educator with demonstrated leadership qualities.
The successful applicant for this position will have:
- A minimum of five years successful teaching experience.
- An understanding of the leadership role in educational change
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with students, staff and parents
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to support the use of differentiated instructional and assessment strategies
- Understanding of Aboriginal Principles of Learning and proven ability to work effectively with Aboriginal students and families
- Ability to engage teachers in data collection, analysis and dialogue about student learning and instruction
- Knowledge of technological applications in an educational setting
- Ability to model and support continuous inquiry and professional learning for self and others
- A demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team setting
- A demonstrated desire to work with students beyond the classroom setting
- Knowledge and desire to implement Vision 2022 and Provincial educational goals
- Ability to work in a unionized environment
- Membership in accordance with the Teacher Regulations Branch
A Masters Degree in Ed. Admin., Curriculum, or a related field is preferred. Candidates currently completing a Masters Degree will be considered. A professional certificate is required for all positions.
Candidates are requested to submit a resumé, including references, supporting documents, and a statement of personal philosophy as it relates to this application. Only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 2:00 pm
May 29, 2017
Submit application to:
1401 - 15 Street
Vernon, B.C. V1T 8S8
Fax: (250) 549-9200
Make A Future Website