What are they?
Hallucinogens are drugs that change a person’s mental state to the
point where their senses are affected. Hallucinogens include a wide
variety of substances including angel dust, magic mushrooms, LSD or acid.
Immediate Behavior Effects
- Change in perception (vision/hearing etc.)
- Panic due to loss of control
- Bad trips or unpleasant episodes may
occur with the use of this drug.
- Flashbacks where the user re-
experiences the effects of a bad trip days,
weeks, or years after the use of the drug
Immediate Physical Effects
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure
- Decreased awareness of touch and pain that can result in self-inflicted injuries