The Open Door Education Center, situated in Downtown Vernon, is a full service program for students 17 and older, who need to complete
their schooling in a supportive learning setting. The Open Door offers grade 10-12 courses using
computer guided instruction combined with direct one on one and small group teaching support by specialist teachers.
The Alternate Program at TOD is designed for school aged students(17-18 years) needing grade 10 to 12 level courses and enhanced support services. We have a NOYFS (North Okanagan Youth & Family Support) worker as well as a substance abuse counselor available at our school to work with all of our students. Students attend a self-paced programme, a minimum of two hours per day and are assigned to a class time during which they must attend, Monday through Friday of each week.
The Continuing Education Program at TOD is designed for students looking for
self-paced flexible learning opportunities leading to graduation. Upgrading options for graduated adults, to meet post-secondary entry requirements, are a speciality of our Continuing Education program. CE programs extend until 6pm Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays to accommodate adults who are working.
All student's personal programs are designed to meet British Columbia high school graduation and post-secondary prerequisite requirements.
What does Open Door offer?
- Adult and youth graduation diplomas
- Upgrading for post-secondary program
- Secondary school curriculum
- Blended computer guided courses
- Enhanced Support Services for School Aged Students
How do we do it?
- Certified specialist teachers
- Counselling support services to suit alternate program student needs
- Personalized educational programming
- Late Afternoon hours(6pm) three days per week
- Individually-paced learning - work at your own pace