Registration, Eligibility and Expectations
Registration 2019-2020 - Sept. 3 (8:30 am -11:30 am) – Sept. 4 - 11 (8:30 am – 2:30 pm)
- Prior to registering, each applicant will be interviewed by CrossRoads staff to determine eligibility for the program.
- Applicant may be given a Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) in order that staff can more accurately appraise the applicant's achievement level.
- School aged students should bring their birth certificate and care cards when registering. If the student was not born in Canada please bring your passport, student/study permit, or permanent residence card.
- School age (16-18) students must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Parent/Guardian should bring their BC Driver's License and CARE Card.
- In addition, legal guardians should bring court documentation confirming guardianship.
- Adult students please bring your BC Care card and BC driver's license.
- If possible, please bring any information you have with respect to courses completed and grades achieved to date. Be prepared to also discuss your goals, career plans and educational needs.
- Registration is ongoing throughout the year and an appointment is not required but is recommended.
- There is a student activity fee of $25.00 that is required at the time of registration.
- School age students must be 16 years of age or older and have been out of school for a minimum of six months. Students not meeting this criteria must be referred through District Screening from the principal of their last high school.
- Applicants over the age of 18 are welcome to either upgrade their schooling or complete their graduation requirements as recognized by the Ministry of Education.
- Students 16 years or younger and currently enrolled in a district school must complete a screening process through Student Support Services for appropriate placement in a district program. Please contact your school principal for further details.
Attendance and Performance Expectations:
- Students are expected to attend regularly and demonstrate reasonable course progress.
- Students are expected to spend their time productively, focusing on their coursework.
- Students should complete a course within 10-12 weeks of starting a course.
- Because of the adult nature of the CrossRoads program it is expected that all students will conduct themselves in an adult manner.