Program Purpose: to help students with
verifiable illnesses/injuries keep up with school studies in core
- Students are eligible for service after two
weeks of absence from their home school.
- A doctor's letter or note may be required.
- It should be understood that this service
is only a means to keep the qualifying student at a level reasonably
close to classroom progress.
- Students will be required to study independently
and may require parental assistance between hospital-homebound
- Homework between visitations is absolutely
necessary in order for students to keep up with their class. If
students receiving this service refuse to do homework, they place
themselves at risk of failure.
- Hospital homebound service will consist of
a maximum of 2 hours per week which will either consist of hospital/home
visitations OR drop-in sessions at our Centre.