Vernon Community School
Vernon Community Academy seeks to provide learning opportunities that develop exceptional literacy and numeracy competencies in students, while concurrently developing:
Social and Emotional Growth and Development
Learning with Technology
The curriculum is Ministry standard. Meeting B.C. Ministry of Education learning out-comes in all curricular areas.
Inclusion and diversity will be a cornerstone of this program.
- Learners at the center
- The social nature of learning
- Emotions as integral to learning
- Recognizing individual differences
- Stretching all students
- Assessment for learning
- Building horizontal connectedness
- City of Vernon
- Junction Literacy
- Okanagan Science Centre
- Bishop Bird Sanctuary
- Allen Brooks Nature Centre
- Vernon District Immigrant Services Society
- The Upper Room Mission
- Okanagan College
- University of British Columbia - Okanagan
- Fresh Grade
Who may participate?
Grade 7,8,9,10,11,12 those interested might be:
- home schooled students who prefer a learning opportunity that is more communal and less isolated
- learners with diverse and complex needs who presently
not successful in classrooms that lean toward traditional practices and
who live all over the school district.
You can register with your application by:
School District #22 students complete a transfer form starting at the school they are currently attending
Home school students register in person at Fulton Registration Form