Counselling and Our CounselorsCounsellors do course advising and selection and....
How to make an appointment with a counsellor
- Timetable issues
- Scholarships: District committee responsibilities, application process
- Liaison with colleges and universities
- Confidential personal counselling regarding such issues as family problems, grief and loss issues
- Crisis intervention
- Mediation between students, students and teachers, students and parents
- Consultations with parents, teachers, and District Personnel,
Social Services (Ministry of Children and Families), Mental Health,
Police and Probation, Administration, Psychiatrists/physicians, and
school, at breaks, lunch, and after school there is almost always one
counsellor available….you can see the counsellor then, or use that
time to make an appointment for later.
If it is urgent, you can ask your teacher for permission to leave
class and come to the counselling area . If our doors are shut, that
means we are busy, and you will need to wait. It is generally best to
not wait for a long time if you are not sure that we will be able to
see you next. You can always slip a note under our doors and let us
know you wish to see one of us.